Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Nike Shoes

Sunday, November 16, 2014
In 2014 alone I bought 3 pairs of Nike sneakers.

They are the Nike Air Max Thea, Nike Palm Tree Roshe Run, and Nike Air Force One.

It all started with Nike AF1 being featured by TheBeautyCrush (my fav Youtuber <3) in one of her styling videos. My obsession with these kicks began there. I sincerely hope that I would stop because honestly it is getting out of hand haha (Judge me not!). But the main reason for getting all these is that they are REALLY versatile. Sneakers with dress is no longer a taboo, but rather seen as a fashion trend.

This is my latest pair, the Nike Air Max Thea (YES I BOUGHT IT! You can read my dilemma over here).





1 -- One






Followed by Nike Palm Tree Roshe Run which looks exceptionally amazing when worn, not to mention MAXIMUM comfort due to the insoles of the Roshe Run series. FASHION x COMFORT, what more can you get? It was sold out everywhere online.

2 -- Two




Nike Air Force One, the basic of all basics. My pair looks slightly greyish as I've worn them out quite a few times already. Fret not they still look as classic even if it's a little stained. I highly suspect I've had a pair back when I was 14 (I'm 19 now) and in middle school. I had a pair of white nike sneakers back then, it must have been this. It's comfortable to a certain extent, great for everyday wear, but definitely not as excellent as Roshe Run.

Nevertheless, an entire white pair of sneakers goes well with most of the minimalist coordinates you see from Instagram/Youtube fashion icons. I guess our fashion sense has really been shaped by social media, no longer just pure media. 

3 -- Three

Gorgeous shot by my friend, Roy. Thank you!

just a little note: I love how they embossed AF1 in front. :)







Last but not least, my running shoes from 3 years ago, the Nike Air. Very ordinary with thin yet comfortable material, adequate for light to medium exercise. Since I no longer really run, I use this for my gym as it's a cross trainers.

4 -- Four



If you have noticed, 3 of them are part of the Nike Air series (enlighten me if I'm wrong, I am by no way a Nike evangelist). Seems like they are one of the more widely available and design loaded series. Some of my friends got their Nike Air Maxes in various colours lately and they look AMAZING! Both for guys and girls, I think you can't go wrong with a pair of Nike in your shoe cabinet. If you are looking for an essential pair of shoe as a fashion statement or even just for comfort wear, look into investing in a pair of Nike Sneakers. They are really worth it.

Where I got the kicks:

1) Nike Air Max Thea : P.V.S.
- A Local store in Singapore

2) Nike Palm Tree Roshe Run: Carousell
- A Singapore Selling App from the user 'kicksnicks'. You can probably find many 'inspired' pieces at a much lower price (i.e. SGD 50) now on Carousell. I highly doubt the authenticity but buy at your own risk. :)

3) Nike Air Force 1: JDSports.uk 
- I got the Junior Type, IT WAS CHEAPER BY HALF and available in some women sizes!

4) Nike Air (Model Unknown): Queensway Shopping Centre
- A well known isolated mall in Singapore for discounted sneakers. If you are a tourist in Singapore, do check out Penisula Shopping Centre (Beside Funan the IT Mall) as well!

That is all. Hopefully you are riding on this trend as well. Nike has never ran out of trend, but this year it has been exceptionally hot. :)

Set your eyes on the above,


Kristy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

eyes on the above. © 2014