Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Current Obsession: Trousers (ft. ASOS)

Sunday, May 24, 2015
I'm back!

I have to apologise because of the advancement in technology that links all my newly bought tablet with my pictures from blogger, and I have deleted all my pictures from my previous posts. I'll try to bring them back up next time but no promises. I'd rather be working on new content for the blog than be worried by my previous posts, though they are my 'stepping stones'!

Anyways, I'm really sorry for the delay if you like to read my posts, and for the guy readers I'm sorry too because this post is going to be about girls' fashion. But hey, you can get some inspiration for your girlfriend/s as well.

A disclaimer before I say anything else: I don't follow any major fashion labels (by that I mean big brands that launch fashion shows every season that determines the trend for that season), it is purely my observation and preferences.




The brand that I'll be taking reference from today is ASOS!

ASOS is one of my favourite online fashion retail for various reasons (they should really pay me for this but no, they are not):

1. Free Worldwide Shipping 

Kinda, although they started increasing the minimum purchase from S$0 to S$40 to S$50 over the past 2 years.

2. Affordable Prices

Always check them out for their sales item! Though they may be on sale but it is still definitely trending in hot sunny Singapore.

3. Great style

It's kind of a given for this, but my favourite brands from ASOS are ASOS (Clothes and Shoes) and New Look (Shoes and Accessories). The stuff that they have here may not be available in Singapore so it's really a plus point!



I've picked up some of my favourites and I'll tell you why.


I've personally just got this in white, I'll update again when I get the package 'cause I'm really excited! Basically the point to this pair of trousers will be the colour. I really like this blue but as I was debating between this and white, I gave in to the monochromatic, easy to match colour instead. If I was adventurous or generous enough, I would really have gotten this in blue. Who knows, if it is comfortable enough I might get it in blue!

Another few things that I like about this pair is the cuffs at the bottom. I'm not sure about you but this is just a thing that I have with cuffs especially on bottom wear. Showing a bit of the ankle is just the right thing to do (just take a look at the picture with the pair of sneakers). The concealed zip also gives this a sleek look. +1000000 points for my favourite pair!



Without saying, the point of this pair goes to the daring prints! Though not a big fan of such prints (they go out of style easily, and are hard to match), but summer is approaching so why not? It just brightens up your wardrobe on days that you feel like you need that little bit more of attention on your dressing. 

Yet another convenient feature is the drawstring waistband. If you struggle with fixed waistband like me, this is the best thing ever for you since you can adjust it accordingly and it will look just as perfect. 



We all have dress-down days, and this goes without saying. The jersey material is comfortable yet does not compromise in style. You'll definitely have to wear a bit of heel with this to glam up the look.



For the girls that may dislike front zippers, this cropped trousers with a clean waistband will be a good staple piece and it is in a neutral colour as well. I honestly have no idea why is it a pair of 'longer length cropped trousers' but special note that this is under ASOS tall collection, which are for the taller ladies (yes, I had to state this).



This is really all I have for now, I think I have mentioned about the Korea trip but after losing my luggage by my dearest Scoot Airlines, I have little recollections of the trips except for my photos. I have learnt in my tourism modules that souvenirs associate with memory and indeed losing my main luggage took away most of my memories there. I could only look back to so little and reminisce. I probably won't be starting on it soon unless I get some inspiration, and if so it will be written differently, unlike the Bangkok series.

Have fun shopping, and thank you for reading once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

eyes on the above. © 2014