Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Beach Waves and Updates

Thursday, January 7, 2016
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, since the last time I've posted which was more than half a year back. I'm now doing my undergrad at NTU, majoring in Linguistics. It's a fun major and I've enjoyed myself so far. Hoping to write up stuff related to it next time. Or even a series of post for exchange (that's gonna be 2 years later).

But besides that, I just want to share with you (if anyone even reads it) this hair curling video. It's honestly one of the best out there, albeit long but it really explains how and which side to curl and also some products that will be helpful to curl your hair. Just thought I'd give this youtuber some love as she's quite new but I'm loving her videos. She does some other stuff like cooking videos as well with a Korean touch (yep she's Korean American) and it's really interesting to watch.




A pity is that I've only seen this video just a few days back, after my decision of chopping off my bangs as well as my hair due to exam stress. I just decided one day that I wanted something out of the norm of what I'd do and went as short as possible. Totally regretting my choice now, but oh wells. I'm sticking to smaller, tighter curls for now. But I'm really diggin' her hair and that's probably something I'd have 1 year later. Maybe not so much in trend anymore but hey who cares, beach waves are here to stay.

Another youtuber that I've been watching is Wengie, I was just looking at SimplySusie and YouTube recommended her channel to me. Best thing ever. One glance through I thought she was the kind of (i'm sorry if you're reading this, Wengie!) unfriendly basic youtuber but hey, I really love how genuine she expresses herself in the videos and shares different advices as well as her life there on YouTube. I love her hair, her make up, basically everything. And also happy for her that she's recently got engaged to the love of her life :) Congratulations! 

So since the university semester is going to start again, I've just been really looking for the 'motivation' to do things. The past year has been a lazy year for me. Probably because I've burnt myself out doing my final year project for Polytechnic Year 3. My first semester university results aren't fantastic, which is why I'm hoping to bump it up a little this time round. And I found this:




Do give it a look, it's only 5 minutes long, wouldn't take up much of your time anyways. The one advice is simple - stick to a routine and just do it, no matter how you feel. Feelings do not motivate you but what you do will motivate you. It's really something and I'll test it out this semester (hopefully I stick to it) and see how it goes.  

Lastly, just want to say thank you if you've been sticking through with me since I've started this blog, be it a friend of mine or just a visitor from any part of the world. I like to express myself through words and this is just something I do when I have the time to, and knowing that someone else is reading it makes me happy. I'll be trying to do a few more posts up and just leave a comment if you are in with me :)

Happy New Year, and to a better year ahead!

Set your eyes on the above,

Kristy 

2 comments:

  1. faithful reader over here yo. *raises right hand up in the air* ;) keep dem posts coming!!!

    ReplyDelete

eyes on the above. © 2014